Wednesday 14 December 2016

Shopping impulse control (aka a later look online)

Last week I took the girls to see Santa (amazingly, he had set up camp at a garden centre not far from us). I have to say, it was magical. There was a delightful woodland walk too, and all in all, it was a great experience. The girls were mesmerised.


The garden centre also had a Christmas shop and as we entered through its door, a very beautiful light up cherry blossom tree caught my eye. More than that, the sign hanging on it caught my eye... £130 down to £99. A deal. And that tree, so pretty. Asking a member of staff where I might find it inside for a closer look, I was met with a sorry sold out voice that seemed to say, well if you will leave it this late...

Arriving home, I got online. Do you know, I was amazed to see said tree lighting up my computer for the bargain price of £79. What? How can that be, when the garden centre was selling it for almost twice as much? And that dear readers, is the point of this post. No matter how twinkly, a thorough shopper ought to always remember to check online and not get caught up in the amazing red print reduction moment. For more often than not, it really isn't that amazing.

Anyway, here's my new tree and here's a link to Lampsy, the online shop where I happened to find it...
Lampsy.com