Tuesday 21 April 2015

Settling into motherhood sometimes takes time

Not so long ago, I wrote a feature about settling into motherhood, and how finally, I appeared to have managed it.

I put it down to the fact that my two daughters were over their allergies and intolerances.

How wrong was I? My eldest, Esme Grace was diagnosed with peanut allergy last New Years Eve - we await testing to see how extreme it is, and Sofia Faith, my youngest, has an appointment for gut related problems next week.

Although the allergic issues continue, I am more settled as a mother than ever before. It is probably worth reminding other mums though, that sometimes accepting motherhood takes time.


2 comments:

Mummy Tries said...

So sorry to hear all this hon. Have you seen my other blog all about the GAPS diet? You might find it interesting xx http://mummytriesgaps.WordPress.com

Writing Life As It Is said...

Thank you for that. I have looked at it before but need to refresh pending on test results... x