Monday, 17 June 2013

I'm NOT going to Britmums live!

But it would appear that the rest of the entire blogging community that is the writing parenthood, is.

Am I jealous? No. Envious. Yes. That's it, envious.

I didn't get my arse in gear quick enough. No. I didn't realise, until it was too late. And now, I'm all about the wishing. Which is never good.





To explain my envy; it's that community print thing. When you read fellow blogs enough, they become a ritual you look forward to, often an extension of your day, with a process of comment exchanging sometimes required, which I personally really enjoy.

And when the story of another life out there, shares so many traits with your own, well, the chance to have a shindig with them, is rather an attractive prospect. The excitement of getting to meet others who have let you share the minutiae of their lives: through emotion, humour, thought-provoking posts a plenty, to put a face to a name and to share a smile, it is, well all rather sweet.

To add to that, to have the chance to learn more about blogging and the social media industry itself, well then you'll start to get why all these parents are a buzz with the weekend that awaits.

So you see, I can't help but feel by missing this coming weekend's Britmums Live event, I'm really missing out...

Anyway, because there are (hopefully) a few? other parenting bloggers out there who wanted to attend but who are also too late to be involved, here's an introduction post that I wanted to share, especially with you... oh and it is meant to be amusing!


Name Emma

Blog LIFE AS IT IS (aka the GraceFaith blog) 

http://1grace1faith.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter ID @1grace1faith

Height Usually 5ft 8, but thanks to the sinking feeling that I've gained due to not having a ticket for Britmums Live 2013, I'm currently looking a lot shorter.

Hair Dark blond (haven't had highlights done for ages and certainly won't be bothering now that I'm not able to attend the coming weekend's event).

Eyes Blue. Oh and bright, thanks to the unshed tears (all down to fact that I'm not able to attend the coming weekend's event). 

Is this your first blogging conference? It would have been.

Are you attending both days? Apparently not even one.

What are you most looking forward to at Britmums Live 2013? Rather sadly, getting it over with.

What are you wearing? Mourning dress - both days.

What do you hope to gain from Britmums Live 2013? Potentially an advanced email about ticket sales for 2014?

Tell us one thing about you that not everyone knows I'm prepared to sell my youngest child for a ticket.