Saturday 14 April 2018

Simply Coconuts Oil - A review


DETAILS:
200ml Premium Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

This month, Simply Coconuts, a new sensitive skin care brand for babies, announced the launch of its coconut oil. Soothing and free of any chemicals, organically farmed in Sri Lanka, this pure natural coconut oil contains simply coconuts! Cold pressed up to 10 times to release their natural oils and seal in their goodness, it's full of skin-loving vitamins and replenishing fatty acids that can ease sore, dry and itchy skin. How did it fare?

It arrived the morning we left for sunny Cyprus, so I packed the handy sized tub in my luggage. 

SUN DAMAGE
In Cyprus we enjoyed temperatures up to 27degrees. The flip side to those wonderful beach conditions are the sun and sunscreen protection, which together don't do much for the condition of your skin; drying it out and damaging the epidermis. 

Dehydration on the outside, first and foremost starts with rehydration on the inside and can be addressed by drinking lots of water. However, applying moisturiser is also key to help repair and maintain healthy skin - as long as it's completely natural.

THE OIL 
You don’t have to use much, when you heat the product, rubbing it between your hands it liquefies - hence a little goes a long way. 

BABY AND ALL
I know this is marketed as a baby product but my girls are 6 and 9 and both loved it. From day one of our holiday when I first introduced it, they kept coming back for more. I ended up using it on Fia who was sunburnt on day one. Yes, my fair haired water loving 6yo's uncovered lower limbs went red - even after repeated application of SPF 45 and staying out of the midday sun. I applied Simply Coconuts to help soothe the soreness. Two weeks on and she has not blistered or peeled, her skin is soft and calm. Fia particularly liked the scent, and Esme, her 9yo sensitive skinned sister, the feel of the oil and its soft results

THE END RESULT
Esme's skin will react to any product that is cheap or contains parabens. Her eczema is controlled by steering clear of bubble bath, and trying to eat fresh food wherever possible. (It particularly flares up when she eats processed food). 

Unfortunately, the really expensive sun cream I'd taken for the girls was used up by day five of our holiday (the sun was so powerful), and I bought what I thought was a good replacement in Cyprus. Unfortunately, the same evening after use, eczema formed behind the backs of Esme's knees, and an under the skin rash soon bubbled up. I applied the simply coconut oil and it definitely helped.

FOR ME
I am a massive fan of all things au natural. I eat coconut oil and cook with coconut oil but I’ve never thought to moisturise with it. Doh? It’s so soft. I love how it leaves my skin feeling and I love the smell. Along with locking in moisture, over body and face, I also tried it as a base prior to foundation and it was fine. I have to say what with 2018 being the year for focussing on my health, this is definitely a product I would like to incorporate into daily life. 

THE DOWNSIDE
I suppose for some people, they will not like the fact that the product is greasy on contact. It’s an oil after all. However, it is fast drying. To make a difference you will need to use it continually.

LIFE AS IT IS VERDICT:
The Simply Coconuts coconut oil may well provide the perfect solution for mums searching for a daily moisturiser to help rid kids of uncomfortable itchy, dry skin, but it can also help them too! 


Disclaimer: LIFE AS IT IS was sent a tub of Simply Coconuts for the purpose of this honest review

No comments: