Thursday 3 September 2015

My girl turns 7 and donates her birthday presents to charity

Esme Grace just turned seven. If you didn't read the previous post about that, you will have missed this. Something I need to shout about! 

It was months ago you asked if you could make your birthday invitations. Of course you did - you still love art - I was astounded at the result. (For the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with it).

You wrote that instead of a gift, you would like the children to bring a donation for the WWF. I tried to talk you out of it, but you were (as only you can be) adamant. 

On the morning you turned seven, we expected 10 children to arrive without a wrapped gift in sight. 
I asked if you were prepared for that. 
Yes. You said squarely. 
And how does that make you feel? 
It's fine Mummy. I want to look after animals.

I don't know many children at age six that would think like this, let alone follow through with this Esme. I am so proud of you. This weekend you raised £42 for the World Wildlife Fund. Amazing.


No comments: