Tuesday 12 March 2013

Bag lady, hives and where the hell did Spring go?

I realised today that I was dressed like a bag lady - it is so cold. Not a good look. Glad I didn't have to go out. Was in all day with toddleritis. AGAIN. Why is it that small children get sick in the Winter months? It's downright miserable when it's so cold you can't get out to air their germs for long. It has been three weeks now of interrupted sleep, where if it hasn't been one, it has been the other. It all began with teething, chased by bad dreams, followed by a double ear infection, and a virus from school which involved tummy ache and high temps, (still dropping like flies), and now a sneezy cold that results in snot stained sheets like you would not believe. Then last night we hit an all time low and she had an allergic reaction, vomiting and barking while the hives rose on her face. Not sure what set that off. Not the antibiotics - she's been on Amoxycillin once before - oh yes, she's struggling with a chest infection, did I forget that? So she's fighting the rugby ball spacer for the Ventolin several times a day as well. That's a scrum I could do without. And lastly, I ponder on the fact that she may well be harbouring chickenpox (for I ran in to a neighbour whose little one Fia mingles with, is riddled). Three weeks of crap sleep. Ha, is it any surprise that I'm looking like a bag lady? Must try harder. And to think I thought Spring had sprung this time last week...

1 comment:

tonijkent said...

Oh what a torrid time you've had! Hope by the time of your next post you're all in rude health, and clean sheets :) x