Tuesday 19 March 2013

Her colour drained, her mischieviousness disappeared.

A post before the children wake. It's been a great night's sleep. Unusual in this house of late. But I hope that means that the latest antibiotic Sofia Faith has been taking, along with the steroids and inhalers, have helped her over her month long illness. 

We were back at the GP's yesterday to discuss why the duty doctor sent us to Hospital on Saturday, the chest xray results and the pneumonia Sofia's been fighting. Poor lamb. She has been very unwell. A spiking temperature has plagued her, along with a dreadful cough - at times this has been her only movement, otherwise laid out on my lap, listless, limp. 

I only got the seriousness of it all when she could no longer cry with the usual furor. Instead a sad whimpering pleaded with me, her eyes looking for mine continually, wanting reassurance that only I could give - or pretend to give. 

Sofia has been an extension of me for almost four weeks, sat on my hip as I would cook, sat on my hip as I took Esme to school, sat on my lap at all other times, even sometimes sat on my lap as I would wee. 

Yesterday however, she found a toy to play with in the morning, all by herself, and I could see her cheeks had the tiniest tinge of pink to them, her eyes a hint of brightness - and was that the merest moment of mischieviousness there my girl as you went to drink our good friend's cup of cold mint tea off the side? I hope so Fia. I really do, it will be good to have you back again!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How is your little one now? I love the way you write-beautiful. #PoCoLo

Unknown said...

What beautiful names your girls have. A mothers love for a poorly child has to be the strongest. Glad to see shes on the way up and thanks for linking up for some well-deserved #PoCoLo x

Mummy of Two said...

So sorry your little lady has been so poorly, it makes you feel so helpless doesn't it. I am glad to hear she is getting better and I hope that is continuing #PoCoLo

Wendy said...

i'm glad to hear your little one is starting to get better, have a lovely weekend #PoCoLo

Nichola fabfortymum said...

I am so glad your little treasure is on the mend. It is heartbreaking when they are ill and we can't just fix it. X

Jaime Oliver said...

I do hope she is back to her normal self soon! xx

Anonymous said...

This post almost made me cry - it reminded me of when my son had croup and he was the same: limp, passive, pleading eyes, the quiet whimpering. He was in hospital overnight, but the next morning he was trying to plug the lead they'd attached to his toe into a toy train and I knew he was on the mend. I cannot imagine the horror of your child being that ill for a month. You have my sympathies. I will pray she gets better soon. xx

Lesley - Scottish Mum said...

It sounds like you and Sophia have been through the wringer. Glad there are signs that she is getting better. x

Elizabeth said...

So glad that she's starting to come out of the other side of it all. Take care xx

Unknown said...

Oh its heart breaking when they are poorly. Glad she sounds like she's a little brighter. xxx #PoCoLo

Mammy DoLittle said...

There is nothing worse than having an ill child. I'm glad she is improving. Take care xx

mumturnedmom said...

It is the worst thing in the world when they're ill and you can do so little other than be there for them. Glad she's starting to feel better. #PoCoLo