Tuesday 30 April 2013

Even more down to earth with a bump (5)

Continuing my record of Sofia Faith's pregnancy


WEEK THIRTEEN
For several days this week, nausea and vomiting have let me be. What a wonderful relief. This morning however I felt sick again, so I’m not out of the woods yet, although it is slowly improving. My legs continue to itch on and off – but that's also notably better. And the insomnia too, I'm only waking to wee once or twice a night now. All in all, everything is improved.

WEEK FOURTEEN
Got sinusitis, that sucks. But my physical symptoms are nothing compared to how I'm feeling emotionally this week. It's tough as my Gran who I was so incredibly close to, passed away. Struck by sadness, my LIFE AS IT IS is suddenly overwhelmingly colourless. 

WEEK FIFTEEN
I started finally sleeping this week as my sinus trouble has slowly improved. It's so rubbish being pregnant and unable to take any drugs man. Still, was only sick once this week, so that's great. Although the flip side is I'm really quite worried. I have no other symptoms of pregnancy at all. That's odd. And I'm so desperately sad about Gran too. I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat at the Midwife’s visit next week.

One day after writing this - and one day prior to being 16weeks pregnant - I felt my baby moving. A quickening. Little bubbles. A flicker of joy amidst the grieving gloom.


No comments: