Friday 28 February 2014

You whinge… You cringe...

So this morning I sat in the dentist chair for the second time in two days, having just mentioned I was somewhat annoyed that yesterday's filling had fallen out. 


My dentist, a Spaniard with liquid brown eyes (kind of hard to miss) and a soft lilt, noted that for him, this was very embarrassing.

I lay back and opened my mouth. 

My heart thumped at the thought of more treatment. I refrained from saying argh

He looked. And looked. 

Then the dental nurse looked. 

And what did they see? 

A filling. 

Still there. 

In the very same place where it had been put yesterday.

I can't be sure but I think I sensed pity in his tone: 'It often feels different after having a filling.' 


Footnote:
This being my first filling, how was I supposed to know?

No comments: