Monday 1 July 2013

Ahoy there mates! About that there Bounty of freebies, and a whole lot more, that you don't necessarily want... (1)

I’m not sure why I’m bothering to write this post, as after a session on Twitter yesterday, I feel drained at the prospect. But yes, there is a Bounty Mutiny, and I am now compelled to join in. I’ll keep it brief.

The Bounty lady, as found on postnatal hospital wards, will provide you with:
  1. An opportunity to have your neonate photographed and then buy pictures plus merchandise galore if you wish. 
  2. A bag of freebies, mostly tiny samples of baby products, useful for the handbag?
  3. A load of advertising. (Yes of course those freebies aren’t really free).
  4. The child benefit claim form
So yes, she might give you free stuff and yes, she might offer to photograph your child, but in my experience, and on two separate occasions I may add, (my children are three years apart), the Bounty lady also provided me with:
  1. Harassment
  2. A hard sell
  3. An unprofessional manner
  4. No care and consideration whatsoever 
That’s about all I can muster for now me hearties! 
I’m in Camden working today, and I'm not quite done... 
To be continued...

No comments: