Monday 3 March 2014

Let them eat cake!

















Remember this recent post about Making Time for Tea and raising money for The Eve Appeal and women's cancer? Inspired by my aunt, who two weeks ago had a hysterectomy, today was my turn to make time for tea. 

It was wonderful, with many friends and their little ones turning out to support the cause - as well as eat cake and have a natter. The icing on the cake was when my aunt made a surprise appearance, which was really special.

Victoria sponge, lemon cake, coffee cake, chocolate cake... bunting and a raffle; it was great fun, and a reminder of how lucky I am to live where I do. The community spirit here is fabulous. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU, at first count we raised over £70!

Also, thank you to those other friends of mine who have donated by sending funds through. Really kind of you! x

PS Look out for the next post, where I'll be writing a little bit about ovarian cancer, to help raise awareness of this, the 5th most common cancer in women.

No comments: