Friday 8 November 2013

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

SOS Virunga


A friend is responsible for the film linked below, and I wanted to shout about it on my blog to help raise awareness of Africa's oldest national park. Virunga...

A World Heritage Site, it has it all. Rainforests, volcanoes, wildlife. Indeed, incredible wildlife that I have been privileged to witness with my own eyes.

BUT. It is in jeopardy of becoming Africa's latest oil venture. The oil company Soco might well explore for oil here. And if they find oil, then what? Dig up this beauty spot? This amazingly beautiful habitat to endangered species.

Surely this cannot be allowed to happen. 

To join the fight to protect Virunga, check out this website and sign the petition, better still, watch this incredible film my friend produced, and then get involved... 

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2013/oct/15/anna-friel-stephen-poliakoff-wwf-virunga-national-park-video

Thank you.

No comments: