Thursday 12 June 2014

And a new look for something else...


I found an old wood shelving unit on a neighbour's rubbish heap last week. I did knock on the door before helping myself, but as soon as I laid eyes on it, I knew it would be a great addition to Esme's somewhat over-cramped bedroom. Less the cobwebs of course.



My neighbour was only to happy for me to take it off her hands, and to have one less thing to have to take to the tip. 

I dragged it up the lane, and into the garden where upon my toddler, Sofia Faith (my happy 2YO) and I, set about scrubbing it clean. 

Before I knew it, I was in full blown recycling mode. And although I am yet to paint it (oh yes I will), it's in situ, and already looking kind of cute. Esme Grace (my now more orderly 5YO) loves it. And I do too. What a billy bargain. And a fab way to help the environment, save money, and have great fun too!

If this post inspires you to recycle, that's terrific. For more inspiration and ideas, why not take a look at upcyclethat.com and upcycling.co.uk.

No comments: