Wednesday 10 October 2012

Down to earth with a bump (16) - Labour of love (1)


The next couple of days came and went. I pruned roses, cleaned cupboards, washed the floors, bounced on my birthing ball and continued to lay on my left like you do, aware that I’d have moments when it was as if the baby’s head was coming out already.

I woke up and picked a new spot - the only thing glowing in my complexion. I had a wee and looked in the loo to see what I thought may be the mucus plug sitting there. 

Mum came up for the day and we went for coffee. The woman in the shop asked how many days left to go? I told her, minus five. I was aware my back was really aching.

We went out for lunch in a nearby pub and the backache intensified. I told mum I thought it may all be starting up. I was excited and proud and relieved all at once. I ate my food still not really sure, but that night, contractions came in slow waves like really strong period pains. I phoned the hospital who advised me to take paracetamol and go to sleep. I did take the tablets. I didn’t sleep a wink.

No comments: