Thursday 4 October 2012

Down to earth with a bump (8) - IS PREGNANCY DIFFICULT? (I)


Coming back from the doctor having been in for piles and an eye infection, that marvellous holiday to Mauritius seemed an age ago. I was so tired. Of course my commute was taking its toll but the disturbed nights didn’t help.

I awoke yet again with the dawn chorus. I opened my eyes and saw the moses basket that now stood in the corner of the room. It was quiet and still with a little pair of cream booties sat inside. I couldn’t help it but all I could think about was the crying that would emanate from it in what was only six weeks away. Ughhh. So tired and the baby wasn’t even here yet. No wonder that month off work before baby arrives is recommended.

But that month before baby arrives is in fact ‘the last chance for everything’ scenario. Last chance to watch daytime TV for as long as you want. Last chance to go for coffee and read the paper from front to back. Last chance to be on your own for as long as you like. Last chance to get your hair cut (ever).

It dawned on me with the dawn chorus that I was once again having difficulty accepting the fact that a baby was coming.

No comments: